1. Total Health Evaluation
During our first meetings, we will discuss your health history, current health complaints, wellness goals, nutrition, and any medications and supplements you are taking. These are in-depth discussions. Please spend some time prior to our meetings making a list of questions, concerns, and observations concerning your health. I consider all information pertinent to your health, so the more detailed you can be the better. Nothing is TMI.
After our discussion, I will recommend certain functional lab testing (saliva, urine, hair, blood, stool), lifestyle changes and nutrition changes. Most lab samples are very easy to obtain and are completed in the convenience of your own home. The lab results will provide us with a thorough assessment of how various systems in your body are functioning and you will have the proof on paper of why you are having the symptoms you are having.
2. Just-For-You Plans
After you have completed the recommended lab testing, I will create a comprehensive analysis of the results. These results will reveal the biochemical and metabolic imbalances, gut dysfunction, gut parasites, bacteria, yeast overgrowth and food sensitivities that are behind your current health complaints. I will also tailor a program to address these imbalances that may include education pertaining to natural and botanical supplements and remedies, as well as lifestyle factors such as stress management, diet, sleep, appropriate exercise, and adequate hydration.
3. Investing In Your Health
Due to the unique nature of each client’s underlying health issues, it’s hard to guess just how long we will need to work together, but expect to work closely with me for a minimum of 2 months. My approach is built on a foundation of shared commitment between client and practitioner. We work together each step of the way. I support you, track your progress, keep you focused, and empower you with the latest tools and information so you can make informed lifestyle choices and become an advocate for your own health.
Common Health Complaints/Symptoms addressed by FDN:
- Weight gain and weight loss
- Allergies, acne, and rosacea
- Blood sugar problems
- Digestive Discomfort
- Depression and anxiety
- Emotional fragility
- Fertility Struggles
- Headaches, migraines and fogginess
- Indigestion and bloating
- Inflammation and joint pain
- Insomnia/ sleep issue and wakefulness
- Low sex drive / poor libido
- PMS, skin, and hair problems
- Postpartum Recovery
- Menstruation irregularities
- ADHD/Attention problems
- Chronic pain
- Childhood Obesity
This approach works as a complement to your current health care practitioner so that you can achieve optimal health.
Our Working Outline
- Free 15 Minute Introduction Call – During our call, we will discuss your health and lifestyle concerns and what changes you would like to make in your life. We will also be able to identify whether we are a good fit to work together during this session.
- Getting Started – (The Documents) You will receive an electronic packet which will include Intake Forms, the Program Agreement, a Health History Form, and instructions. All of these forms must be completed prior to reviewing your lab results. When these forms are returned, you will receive the introductory educational handouts to begin your program! (The Labs) Your lab test kits will be mailed directly to your home as soon as you enroll. Additional testing is available and will be discussed in your Results and Recommendation Consultation.
- Run Labs – Most tests are saliva, urine or stool tests that can be completed in the privacy of your own home. Detailed instructions, return shipping materials, and a form will be included in the test kit. The lab fee is paid directly to the lab unless otherwise noted. (The majority of labs available in the FDN Program can be done at home with the exception of any tests which require a blood draw. Specific instructions will be given as to where you should go for this service should you choose to do one of these tests during the program.)
- Results and Recommendation Consultation – We will review your Health History Form, your health complaints, and look at your lab results. I will provide an educational interpretation of your results and recommend a customized supplement plan to be incorporated in your protocol. If further investigation is needed, we will also discuss additional testing.
- Program Coaching Call – I provide ongoing support and guidance as you make changes to improve your health. Follow up sessions are usually scheduled every 2 weeks throughout the duration of the program. In each session, we will evaluate your progress (or challenges) and continue to focus on building health! Retesting may be appropriate to establish improvements for some clients as the program continues.
- Program Completion – The program time frame will vary for each person, but what you walk away with will remain with you for the rest of your life!